Recently, someone gave me a copy of “The Rules of Being Human”. Please let me know what you think. Do they have any value, truth, validation, or justification, either in part or in the whole??? The piece carries the subtitle: “Life is unfair, and no set of ‘rules’ is for everyone’. Since both you and I are human, we qualify to explore its content. Let me and others know if the piece describes your experiences to any degree, ok?
- You will receive a body – You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for as long as you live. How you take care of it or fail to take care of it can make an enormous difference in the quality of your life.
- You will learn lessons – You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called Life. Each day, you will be presented with opportunities to lean what you need to know. The lessons presented are often completely different from those you think you need.
- There are no mistakes, only lessons – Growth is a process of trial, error and experimentation. You can learn as much from failure as you can from success. Maybe more.
- A lesson is repeated until it is learned – A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it (as evidenced by a change in your attitude and ultimately you behavior), you can go on to the next lesson.
- Learning lessons does not end – There is no stage of life that doesn’t contain some lessons. As long you live, there will be something more to learn
- “There” is no better than “Here” – When your “there” has become a “here”, you will simply discover another “there” that will again look better than your “here.” Don’t be fooled by believing that the unattainable is better than what you already have.
- Others are merely mirrors of you – You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects something you love or hate about yourself. When tempted to criticize others, ask yourself why you feel so strongly.
- What you make of our life is up to you – How have all the tools and resources you need. What you create with those tools and resources is up to you. Remember that through desire, goal-setting and unflagging effort you can have anything you want. Persistence is the key to success.
- The answers lie inside you – The solutions to all of life’s problems lie within your grasp. All you need to do is ask, look, listen, and trust.
- You will forget all this – Unless you consistently stay focused on the goals you have set for yourself, everything you have just read won’t mean a thing.
Jump in on the COMMENTS PAGE, OK?