airplane construction, airport terminals, Do you wonder why?, drug stores, mascara, mouse flavored cat food, politics, stirring up the gray matter, the beauty and absurdity of American language and life, unanswered questions, why?
Some questions simply don’t appear to have answers, at least good answers. Case in point – consider these reality check questions as you ask “Ever wonder why . . .
- drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front?
- people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke?
- banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters?
- we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage?
- we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight?
- we use the word ‘politics’ when ‘poli’ in Latin means ‘many’ and ‘tics’ means ‘bloodsucking creatures’?
- we have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering?
- women can’t put on mascara with their mouth closed?
- you don’t ever see the headline: “Psychic Wins Lottery”?
- “abbreviated” is such a long word?
- doctors call what they do “practice”?
- lemon juice is made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid is made with real lemons?
- the time of day with the slowest traffic is called rush hour?
- there isn’t mouse-flavored cat food?
- they don’t make the whole plane out of that stuff they make the indestructible black box out of?
- sheep don’t shrink when it rains?
- they are called apartments when they are all stuck together?
- if con is the opposite of pro, wouldn’t that make Congress the opposite of progress?
- if flying is so safe, they call the airport the terminal?